Emergency Care and Specialty Services
If we determine your pet would benefit from specialty or alternative care, the team at Suburban Animal Hospital will refer you to one of our partner hospitals for appropriate treatment.
Specialty & Alternative Care
Monroe Veterinary Associates (MVA) has developed an extensive network of hospitals to provide general wellness, emergency, and advanced specialty services. MVA now includes:
- 14 full-service veterinary hospitals
- A 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital staffed by emergency clinicians and board-certified specialists
- A full-service diagnostic laboratory
MVA also employs veterinarians trained in the care of exotic species such as birds, reptiles, small mammals, and more.
If your pet requires specialized care, referrals are generally made to Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Services. Areas and conditions for which we typically refer include:
Suburban Animal Hospital is prepared to treat your pet in any situation. If an emergency occurs while our hospital is open, we will see your pet immediately. Our normal business hours are:
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (boarding pick-up and drop-off only)
If you are in need of after-hours care, please contact MVA’s 24-hour emergency hospital:
Phone: (585) 424-1277